Do You Know Which IRS Form to File if You Paid Independent Contractors in 2020? (The Answer May Surprise You!)

Sponsored Post

If you’re a business that relied on independent contractors (ICs) for various services in 2020, you may assume you should file Form 1099-MISC like always. But wait! There’s a new tax form on the block – and you’re going to need to acquaint yourself with it to meet your tax reporting responsibilities.

Beginning with the 2020 tax year, Form 1099-NEC will replace Form 1099-MISC box 7 for reporting non-employee compensation, which includes payments to ICs.

Be Clear on When to Use Form 1099-NEC

To put it simply, the new 1099-NEC performs the exact same function as 1099-MISC box

This post was originally published on this site


Check out
%d bloggers like this: